photo Header_zps79c85419.png

Monday, January 20, 2014

Having A Moment | Denim Jacket

I know, I know this outfit is pushing it, 
but hey it's 60 degrees out today and I just got this adorable 
dress and necklace in the mail! Do I have any more explaining to do :)

IMG_0712
IMG_0740
IMG_0718
IMG_0756
IMG_0733
IMG_0731IMG_0764IMG_0766

Orange Dress: c/o Kash Collection
Jean Jacket: Gap
Belt: The Foxy Lady (It's actually a necklace, just turned it into a belt)
Earrings: Bou'Tiki
Necklace: c/o The Giving Keys
Boots: Chinese Laundry

PS. How BEAUTIFUL is this "Inspire" Key Necklace?!
IMG_0743

I am so honored and blessed to be able to spread the story of 
The Giving Keys on my blog.  The Giving Keys was started with a New York hotel room key. 
Caitlin Crosby, founder of The Giving Keys, wore the key as a necklace and 
had the idea to start engraving old, used keys with inspirational words. 
Realizing that in a way we are all like these keys - unique, flawed, scarred,
and at risk of being discarded - Caitlin began encouraging people to wear 
and embrace the message on their key necklace.
The Giving Keys exists to employ those transitioning out of homelessness to make 
jewelry out of repurposed keys that get sold and shared around the world. 
Each key is unique and carries a message like HOPE, STRENGTH, DREAM or COURAGE. 
When the wearer of the key encounters someone else who needs the message on the key, 
they give it away and then send us the story of their key being paid forward.

Today, the products are sold in over 200+ stores in the US and internationally.
The Giving Keys now has 10 employees that they are trying to transition out of 
homelessness.  They have helped them open bank accounts, provided them
with financial planning support and helped them get their own apartments and support themselves.

Start your journey today by ordering YOUR key.
When you get your key, you must give it away at some point to a person
you feel needs the message.  Then post your story to their website.   
You can read more stories here.

6 comments:

  1. Love this look!! So pretty! {I normally love winter layers but I am secretly looking forward to gorgeous spring dresses too!}
    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should seriously think about sharing your skincare routine! Your skin is so beautiful and I need a little of that in my life! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kayla!
      You can find my daily makeup routine here!
      http://www.shoptheretailtherapist.com/2014/01/my-everyday-makeup-routine.html

      Delete
  3. Super Jealous that it is 60 degrees where you live! You look totally adorable tho--that necklace is soo cute!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it was 60 degrees here! Your outfit is so so cute! Love the necklace!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing a little bit of your sweetness to help me get through this day. I LOVE hearing from you and checking out your blog. I hope I have made your life a little better today. Don't forget to PIN your favorite pins!

XOXO,
Whitney

Pin It button on image hover